Premier is There for You Every Step of the Way
We understand how choosing the best home health care agency for your loved one may be one of the most difficult decisions you will have to make. Coming to the realization that your loved one will need more care than you can provide can leave you feeling confused, anxious and overwhelmed. Whether you’re faced with caring for an ailing parent or a relative suffering from dementia, researching and selecting the best health care options for your loved one can bring you to a crossroads. You may be conflicted with a busy work or family schedule that doesn’t allow you to care for your loved one the way you would like to. That’s where we come in. Premier is ready to ease your worries and bring you peace of mind by stepping in when you’re not able to.
There are many reasons one may need home health care, since everyone’s needs are different. At Premier, you can take comfort in the knowledge that we specialize in tailoring a custom program to meet the exact needs of your loved one. We are a licensed and insured agency with trained, professional caregivers. You can also rest assured that if your loved one’s circumstances change, Premier will adjust immediately to address any new needs. Our home health care services range from 24-hour live-in care to daily or part-time needs (or even occasional services). We know we can’t replace you or your family, but we aim to be the next best thing.
We offer both long-term and short-term care as part of your loved one’s home health care program. Below are the services provided for each:
Long-Term Care Services
We will work with you to create a customized plan of care, and manage it every step of the way. Our experienced team of care management specialists, RNs, home health aides and friendly companions who can provide transportation if needed are there to ensure the highest quality of care is consistently provided.
HOME HEALTH AIDE
Provides a trained, certified home health care professional to help your loved one with tasks of daily living that include bathing, grooming, exercise, meal preparation and laundry (to name a few).
All of our patients are assigned an RN to manage their comprehensive care program and to also oversee the Home Health Aide.
One of our certified health aides will live in the home with your loved one if 24-hour care and supervision is needed.
Our staff is specially trained to care for patients suffering from diseases or conditions that include diabetes, COPD, CHF, stroke, Alzheimer’s/dementia, traumatic brain injury, psychiatric/mental health care and HIV/AIDS.
Offers short-term relief for the primary caregiver of a bedridden or homebound patient.
We offer one-on-one physical therapy services for those requiring treatment for improved mobility, functionality, quality of life and pain relief.
We offer one-on-one occupational therapy for those requiring improvement with performing meaningful and purposeful activities of daily life, such as brushing their teeth, combing their hair, and using the bathroom.
Our social workers can help patients who suffer from mental and behavioral disorders such as depression, anxiety and dementia.
Our staff is trained to provide end-of-life care and assist families with finding a hospice care facility that’s best for them.
Other services include companions and appointment escort services
Short-Term Care Services:
- Assistance with alternate housing review and the selection process.
- Medicare registration assistance.
- Help in determining whether home health care is the right solution for your loved one.
Payment Options for Home Health Care
Depending on your individual case, there may be different payment options available to you. Premier is here to assist you in determining the best possible choices.
- Health Insurance – Each insurance plan is different. Long-term personal care is generally not covered by commercial insurance. Premier Home Health Care will contact your insurance carrier to see what services will be covered and whether there will be any deductible or co-pays required.
- Long-Term Care (LTC) Insurance – Special type of insurance that covers the costs of nursing homes and Alzheimer’s facilities, assisted living, home health care, adult daycare, respite care, hospice care and other long-term care services. These policies are usually comprehensive and the services covered by LTC insurance are usually not covered by traditional health insurance or by Medicare. Individuals requiring these services are unable to perform activities of daily living (ADLs) which include dressing, bathing, eating, toileting, continence, transferring and walking. This insurance is private pay.
- Medicare Coverage – Medicare will cover the home care services provided if the following criteria are met:
- The services have been ordered by a physician
- The services are being provided from a Medicare Certified Home Health Agency
- A patient is need of physical therapy or care from a registered nurse
- A patient is no longer able to leave his/her home without assistance
Medicare is not a long-term health care solution and will only cover services provided for up to 60 days.
- Medicaid Coverage – Medicaid offers a benefit called “long term community-based care.” Individuals must meet established financial and medical criteria to qualify (and qualifications can vary from state to state). The staff at Premier can connect you with the appropriate enrollment resources.
- Private Pay – Families in crisis often contact Premier in the midst of an unexpected and unfortunate occurrence. Regardless of your situation, we offer private pay (also known as direct pay) options for hourly, live-in, and private duty skilled services.
Call us today at 914-595-5993 to learn more about the Home Health Care services that are right for you. Our care management specialists are available (24 hours a day, seven days a week) to answer your questions. Peace of mind could be a phone call away.